Friday, January 29, 2010

more snow and letter writing

Weather update, Snow!

We had been under a winter advisory since Thursday and it was not as bad as it was suppose to be. We had some freezing rain, at least I got home before it got bad...today we have snow it started around noon on Friday and fell all day. I worked from home and got to enjoy watching it come down with a glass of canela (cinnamon tea). Roger made some chili for dinner...yummy!May be good sledding today! Hopefully everyone has power and is staying warm!

Here are some pictures from Friday.



Letter Writing

I bought Good Mail Day at the bookstore while I was looking for a sewing book, but they had been picked over, and always the book lover I had to keep looking at other stuff. I love it, the pictures, the feel, the look and it's a pretty easy read. It has information about the lost art of sending mail through the post office and how to send mail art with lots of ideas and websites on how to get started. It's also a great sources of inspiration with all the pictues of different correspondances. I love getting mail and I have noticed lately I do not get anything besides a few junk pieces and bills...??? Even the junk mail has dwindled quit a bit lately. Well I'm going to initiate a new practice of sending more mail and loving our USPS! Their motto is "neither snow nor ran nor heat nor gloom" mine will be "neither postal price nor size of object nor uncreativity" haha! So I'm going to start sending mail, maybe not as fancy and artsy as some of the ones in the book but it will be a start for me. I have actually already sent my sister a postcard which I did not take a picture off (maybe she will and send it to me) and I have another postcard getting ready to go out to my other sister. That's more writing than I have done in awhile.

One of the Ten Commandments of Mail Art
Thou shalt reciprocate.






The boys and their no school activities.

Ram drawing a rocket and holding one of his many airplanes. They have a HUGE collection.


Rem watching TV. I took the opportunity to take a quick shot of him with the snow in the background.



No comments:

Post a Comment