Sunday, January 23, 2011

new camera and winter quilt show

A quick hello to everyone.
Last weekend I went to the Oklahoma City Quilt Show, this is the third year in a row for me and although I go by myself I have a great time. I get to look as long as I want and I don't have to hear how tired anyone is...because I'm there for several hours. For Christmas I got a Canon Rebel T2i from my husband and it is so neat! I've taken tons of photos of just about anything to get a feel for it. Still have a long way to go...maybe if I watch the DVD it come with, may help? hmmmm.
This is a work in progress, still have more to finish but coming along nicely, it's a camera bag from Sew Liberated book with a modifications and I'll have to show those later.

WIP

This picture was taken by Rog from inside the house the hawk/falcon had been hanging around the backyard most of the day.

hawk

These are just a few of the quilts there were tons of beautiful ones.

IMG_0365

This is a quilt I thought the boys would like, planes and birds.

IMG_0364

There were quite a bit of patriotic quilts.

IMG_0363

IMG_0361

I always seem to be attracted to sealife, not sure if it has to do that I grew up near on the west coast in Southern California, but I always love them.

IMG_0347

This one is made with felt it's gorgeous and I bought some felt stuff for myself to give it try.

IMG_0350

Close ups

IMG_0352
IMG_0351

This one was made of satin fabric it was beautiful and inspiring and a close up of it.

IMG_0348

Close up...

IMG_0349

I took a break and watch this presenter (I know I'm terrible I can't remember her name)speak about repurposing old jeans into clothes and crafts, here she is holding up a quilt done from toddler jeans.

IMG_0358

I just love the the colors...

IMG_0359
IMG_0360

I love reverse applique...

IMG_0362

I really thought I had taken a lot more pictures but apprently not...haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment