Saturday, August 7, 2010

celebrations

It has finally calmed down a bit around here and I'm able to gather together some of the pictures. These are just a few we have tons more...literally. I've got so much to talk about hopefully it doesn't turn into a book.

My sisters, Brenda and Karla were visiting me two, three...maybe four weeks ago...dang the time just flies! It was fun being around them again. I hope they enjoyed their vacation and got to relax, but I'm not sure if that happened since we stayed up too late some nights, you know how that goes it's tradition.

Karla came in Friday, the 9th and we got to talk and hang out. She said she would be getting her one on one time with me because she was coming in a week before everyone else...hehe!

belt week graduation

The boys had belt camp that week. They started Taekwondo in June and belt camp got them through their first belt...they are now yellow belts!  My little warriors!!

Brenda and Jessica, my niece, came in the following Thursday late -er actually it was Friday morning when they came in, they got stuck in Dallas and they eventually had to switch planes because of an a/c leak. It was pouring rain I could hardly see when we were coming home from the airport. We haven't gotten much since them. I think Brenda was a little nervous but I was trying to stay calm even though I couldn't see and I trying not to hydroplane. I hope I succeeded I never said anything to her...she's pregnant and I didn't want to stress her even more...

The next day (actually I think I'm still on the same day...Friday) we had the boys graduation at the martial arts school. It also happened to be Rem's 9th birthday (again where does the time go!!!). He got to be an honorary black belt for the day.

belt week graduation

You can see Ram's head in the foreground.

He was so excited and his brother was excited for him too! We brought in cupcakes to celebrate his birthday with the other students. At the end of the class they had graduation for everyone. Master Hammons made it fun for the kids during their graduated, he kept cracking us up. I kept looking at my sister Karla he had her rolling. Ram also graduated with his yellow belt and looked pretty good in it! They have come a long way from where they started and I am so proud of them. Next we are working towards their high yellow belts.

Ok it has been pretty hot around here and the girls...the older girls...the little one did not complain, thought it was way too hot and of course the mosquitoes did not help.

The celebrating was not over...

baptism

Saturday we had L's and Jessica's baptism they both looked so cute! Brenda and Luis are L's godparents and Roger and I are Jessica's godparents. So we had a lot to celebrate. I've got tons of pictures that both Kelli and Karla took and I'll add a link to the other ones later. The girls got a little tired and cranky during the service but they made it through and did actually really well during the pouring of the water.

baptism
 
baptism

baptism

baptism

baptism

baptism

baptism

We all came back home and had tres leches cake for the baptism, it's a Mexican cake that means milk cake but they use 3 different types and I'm not sure what 3 types evaporated, regular...not sure, it taste good though. Of all the pictures I think Karla may have taken a pictures of the cake...so no picture of that. Sorry it should be in that empty spot in the middle of the table. My camera had run out of battery. I'll have to get them from Karla there were some cute ones of the girls next to the cake. 

We had a chocolate cake for Rem, his theme was Troy Built power washer...haha! He came up with it.
I think he had a good birthday he got a lot of the camping stuff he had asked for tent, sleeping bag, lamps...hehe!  He got aluminum foil as a gift from his granny, and yes he loved it! He likes to make stuff and he likes the shiny characteristic of the foil. He got to shoot a .22 the week before so he got some shells and a hip pouch from the girls, loved that too!! He had a great day. (Again I think Karla has those pictures...hehe)

baptism

This is the only picture we had of Rem's cake...I think there maybe one where it is not in the box??? Karla??

I had ordered a Yudu and it came in early in the week. Its a silk screening machine and Karla helped me make a t-shirt (actually she did all the work...hehe!)  for Rem that he designed. Can't wait to use it again!

birthday t-shirt

His shirt looks great! he wore it for his birthday great work Karla and Rem!

These are the pictures of the keepsakes we made for the baptism and since we were up until 4am the night before they deserved to be seen...haha! We had more boxes than candle pillars made.

baptism

Sunday we went to the lake, so the girls could cool down. They got a boat ride although the water was higher than average it was hard to get a good beach spot, but Roger found a pretty good spot. The water felt perfect it cooled us down and it wasn't too cold. Brenda is pregnant so I think she enjoyed some of that baby weight being held up by the water. Covered everyone with sunscreen and dove in.
 
lake

lake

Karla in the background trying to sneak Jessica in the picture, I didn't notice until afterwards when she told me...haha!

Hope you guys had a good time while you were here!
 
baptism

This is Jessica with Fred by the end of the trip, she was pretty scared of him when she first got here. They look like buddies now!!

Garden update...I have to say the garden it struggling right now. I didn't do much with it while the girls where visiting and it's been so hot. I hear a lot of people of having trouble with tomatoes right now. I personally have not had much of a harvest...dang! The basil for some unknown reason is doing really great! Lost the pumpkins due to the heat...sniff sniff. I was really looking forward to them.
 
Finally I wanted to let you all know I'm getting ready to open my etsy shop. I just signed up and I'm getting ready to make a couple of things to list for sale. As soon as I get some stuff ready I'll go ahead and list my website. If you have not heard of etsy check it out I have bought some neat stuff from there.
 
Getting ready for school to start next week!!! ack!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment